We all know that one song that hits us just right at a wedding, the one that makes us throw our drink in the air and sing our hearts out. It never fails when we look around and everyone else is singing with us. It’s always the same songs, the Electric Slide, Get Low, Living on a Prayer. These songs are iconic and wedding receptions somehow feel incomplete without them.
If you’re planning a wedding, you want your guests to have a memorable experience. To accomplish this, you’ll need some crowd-pleasers in your music mix. Chances are, you don’t want your DJ to sound like a pop radio station, and you don’t want your Montana wedding DJ to play obscure underground music, either. That’s why having a list of the 20 most popular wedding songs can help you create a list of popular songs you want to be played at your wedding.
When you’re creating a list of songs for your wedding, starting with the most popular songs can get the creative juices flowing. After seeing this list, you may suddenly remember the name of that song you couldn’t think of, or you might see one on here that slipped your mind.
RMF DJs are the perfect wedding DJs for anyone looking to create a party experience that your guests will never forget. We work with you to make the wedding playlist of your dreams so that you know no one feels excluded, and everyone can let loose on one of the biggest nights of your life. If you’re ready to have fun and dance with somebody (Whitney Houston), continue reading to discover the most popular wedding songs.
Couple’s First Dance Songs
These songs are classics when it comes to couples taking the dance floor for the first time. If you’re looking for a tear-jerker, look no further.
- The Righteous Brothers “Unchained Melody”- Love lyrics: “Woah, my love, my darling
I've hungered for your touch, a long, lonely time. And time goes by so slowly, and time can do so much. Are you still mine? I need your love God speed your love to me.”
- Ed Sheeran “Perfect”- Love lyrics: “Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms. “Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin' to our favorite song. When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath. But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight.”
- Lonestar “Amazed“- Love lyrics: “Every time our eyes meet, this feeling inside me is almost more than I can take. Baby, when you touch me, I can feel how much ya love me. And it just blows me away. I've never been this close to anyone or anything. I can hear your thoughts, I can see your dreams.”
- Aerosmith “I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing”- Love lyrics: Don't want to close my eyes, I don't want to fall asleep. 'Cause I'd miss you, babe, and I don't want to miss a thing. 'Cause even when I dream of you, the sweetest dream will never do. I'd still miss you, babe, and I don't want to miss a thing.
Wedding Reception Entrance Songs
These songs are perfect for entering your reception. Some of these songs hit people in the feels, while others are meant to lighten the mood and loosen your guests up.
R and B
- Bruno Mars, “Marry You”- Love lyrics: It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do. Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you. Is it the look in your eyes, or is it this dancing juice? Who cares baby, I think I wanna marry you.
- John Legend, “All of Me”- Love lyrics: 'Cause all of me Loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections. Give your all to me. I’ll give my all to you You're my end and my beginnin' Even when I lose, I'm winnin'.
- Al Green, “Let’s Stay Together”- Love lyrics: I'm, I'm so in love with you.
Whatever you want to do Is alright with me. 'Cause you make me feel so brand new And I want to spend my life with you
- Calvin Harris “Feel So Close”- Love lyrics: “I feel so close to you right now, it's a force field. I wear my heart upon my sleeve, like a big deal. Your love pours down on me, surround me like a waterfall. And there's no stopping us right now. I feel so close to you right now.”
- Justin Timberlake “Can’t Stop the Feeling”- Love lyrics: “Nothing I can see but you when you dance, dance, dance. A feeling good, good, creeping up on you. So just dance, dance, dance, come on…”
- Ellie Goulding, Diplo, Swae Lee “Close to Me”- Love lyrics: “And I don't wanna be somebody without your body close to me. And if it wasn't you, I wouldn't want anybody close to me.”
- Dolly Parton “I Will Always Love You- Love lyrics: “I’ll think of you every step of the way, And I will always love you.”
- Old Crow Medicine Show “Wagon Wheel”- Love lyrics “So rock me mama like a wagon wheel. Rock me mama, any way you feel. Hey, mama rock me rock me mama like the wind and the rain Rock me mama like a southbound train. Hey, mama rock me.”
- Tyler Childers “Feathered Indians- Love lyrics: “Hold me close my dear. Sing your
whispering song softly in my ear, and I will sing along. Honey, tell me how your love runs true and how I can always count on you to be there when the bullets fly. I'd run across a river just to hold you tonight.”
Best Dance Songs
These songs are sure-fire ways to get the crowd jumping around, fist-pumping, and maybe even doing the worm. No matter who’s out there, it’s hard not to dance to these tunes. Get the party started with these upbeat dance classics.
- Black Eyed Peas “I Got a Feeling”- Party lyrics: “I got a feeling, woohoo, that tonight's gonna be a good night, that tonight's gonna be a good, good night.”
- Usher feat. Lil Jon, Ludacris “Yeah!”- Party lyrics: She's all up in my head now, got me thinking that it might be a good idea to take her with me. 'Cause she's ready to leave, ready to leave now (let's go!). And that I gotta keep it real now 'Cause on a one to ten, she's a certified twenty.”
- Tone Loc “Wild Thing”- Party lyrics: “And let us do the wild thing. Wild thing. Wild thing.”
- House of Pain Jump Around- Party Lyrics: “Jump Around From the kids on the hill plus my mom and my pops I came to get down, I came to get down So get out your seat and jump around! Jump around! Jump around! Jump around! Jump up, jump up, and get down!”
- Lady Gaga “Poker Face”- Party lyrics: I wanna hold 'em like they do in Texas. Please Fold 'em, let 'em hit me, raise it, baby, stay with me (I love it). Love game intuition, play the cards with spades to start, and after he's been hooked, I'll play the one that's on his heart.”
- Isley Brothers “Shout”- Party lyrics: “I want you to know I said I want you to know right now, yeah! You been good to me baby Better than I been to myself, hey! Hey! And if you ever leave me I don't want nobody else, hey! Hey! I said I want you to know-ho-ho-hey! I said I want you to know right now, hey! Hey.”
- Earth, Wind, and Fire “September”- Party lyrics: “Do you remember the 21st night of September? Love was changing the minds of pretenders while chasing the clouds away.”
Best Last Dance Songs
There’s no better way to cap the evening off than with these evocative classics. You’ll have your crowd feeling nostalgic before they even leave your wedding with these powerful songs.
- Jay-Z feat. Mr. Hudson “Young Forever”- Send-off lyrics: “Without a wrinkle in today 'Cause there is no tomorrow. Just some picture-perfect day to last a whole lifetime. And it never ends.”
- Bon Jovi “Livin’ On a Prayer”- Send-off lyrics: “She says, we've got to hold on to what we've got It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not We've got each other and that's a lot for love We'll give it a shot.”
- John Denver “Take Me Home, Country Roads”- Send-off lyrics: “I hear her voice in the mornin' hour. She calls me. The radio reminds me of my home far away. Drivin' down the road, I get a feelin' That I should've been home yesterday, yesterday.”
- Pharrell Williams “Happy”- Send-off lyrics: “It might seem crazy what I'm 'bout to say. Sunshine, she's here. You can take a break. I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space with the air like I don't care baby.”
Work With Your DJ to Create an Unforgettable Playlist
Working with Platinum DJs to bring your wedding playlist to life ensures that your guests have the time of their lives. RMF DJs can consult with you on how you want to structure your wedding entertainment. Your wedding entertainment is one of the most important parts of your wedding. Contact RMF DJs to start planning your wedding playlist today.